Head of International Business
Updated Oct 31, 2022
The COVID-19 pandemic has taught us that indoor air treatment has a long way to go, as various evidences indicate that the virus is mostly transmitted through indoor air (aerosols).
In today's market, we can find lots of indoor air cleaning products. Let us re-introduce these products and the techs used, which can be mainly divided into two categories:
1.Air Purifier: Normally use media dust removal fllters, only remove particles but no disinfection, such as HEPA and
bag filters, etc.
2.Air Sterilizer: These products use air sterilization technology, only sterilizing but without dust removal, such as UVC/PECO/Plasma, etc...
So are these products good enough? We don't think so. We believe that for IAQ, particle removal and sterilization cannot be separated. The market needs better products that can sterilize and remove particles in the air at the same time without double investment.
1. Many studies have shown that PM and COVID transmission are closely related
● PM concentration and COVID transmission rate are highly positively correlated: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7403850/
● Particulate matter (PM2.5) as a potential SARS-CoV-2 carrier: https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-021-81935-9
● PM may act as a booster for COVID-19 works: https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fgene.2020.579964/full
2. Disinfection without particle removal cannot eliminate the problem
Pathogens cannot exist independently in the air, they can only be attached to various particles or aerosols. Disinfection alone cannot eliminate the source. In some cases, those hidden viruses and bacteria will be released into the indoor air and infect the human body again.
3. Particle removal without disinfection is not safe enough
Harmful pathogens are alive and they will possibly come out to make more transmission.
MESP is a new generation air purification technology that uses energized Nano PP material-wrapped electrode plates to adsorb polarized air particles. It is the best choice because of its superior advantages as follows:
● Functionally meet the general trend: both sterilization and removal of particulate matter
● Safe, reliable and highly usable
● Wide range of product lines to meet the needs of various customers
For more information, please don’t hesitate to contact your sales representative in AQT, or directly send e-mail with your query to firstname.lastname@example.org. More info can also be found on our website: en.airquality.com