|Evangeline Zhou | Jan 26, 2021|
As the concept of environmental protection and health becomes more and more popular, the fume emission issue in commercial catering is getting more and more attention.
As we all know, cooking fume is harmful to human health. First of all, oil fume gets into the human respiratory tract along with the air people breath in, and then causes diseases. It is called oil fume syndrome in medicine, common symptoms include loss of appetite, upset, lack of energy, lethargy, fatigue and so on. Although people’s food intake is reduced, yet the weight is still increasing unconsciously. Secondly, the composition of the exhaust gas from cooking fume is rather complex, containing a carcinogen called benzopyrene. Long-term inhalation of this harmful substance can induce canceration of lung tissue.
Pictures of kitchen exhaust equipment without proper maintainence, taken by AQ customer service team, just show how dirty of kitchen fume.
Therefore, countries around the world is taking tougher measures on catering fume. In China, except the national standards, local governments have also issued more stringent local standards to control cooking fume emissions. If owners fail to meet these standards on emissions, they will be severely fined or even worse to have their business licenses revoked.
Apparently for business owners, It’ll make sense to select a truly effective kitchen oil fume purifier and to keep it well-maintained to ensure their catering business to proceed safely and stably.
Generally, there are several technologies for purifiers to handle cooking fume: mechanical separation, wet treatment, ultraviolet photolysis and electrostatic purification technology. Mechanical separation is a primary filtration technology that can intercept large oil droplets and yet has limited capacity for handling fine particles and oil droplets. Wet processing technology needs lotion and lots of manpower and material resources to run inefficient re-treatment, but the effect isn’t worth of such complicated procedure. UV photolysis technology is preferred for deodorization, but it’s easy to get dirty or leaky.
At present, ESP electrostatic purifier is the most recognized and widely used one. Because it has technological barrier and also the demand is very high, some unqualified manufacturers try to plunder the market shares at the costs of business owners and environment.
So what should we expect from a good kitchen exhaust system do?
1. High efficiency
2. Safe and stable
3. Easy to maintain
We recommend our FKE Series for this purpose:
AirQuality Kitchen Exhaust System with ESP technology are designed to extract harmful particulates and odor from the kitchen fume so that the released kitchen exhaust is environmentally friendly and pollutant-free. We use a two-stage process known as ESP (Electrostatic Precipitator), which involves electrically charging the particulate in oil and mist stream and then collecting it in the charged cell.
AQT FKE series’ strengths：
• Our cells are made of aluminum which is free of impurity yet of high
• With convenient side-door opening design, the product is furnished with a key to ensure safety. It also offers optional configuration of left/right-handed door opening;
• With steady-state bipolar power supply, the voltage in the ionization section is the 12,000V DC voltage and in the dust collection section is the 6,000V DC voltage, meaning higher purification efficiency;
• Panel indicating lights: Power/ Operation/ Washing/ Alarm;
• The PWM power supply module makes the product more steady, safe and efficiency.
• With safety interlock switches, the high voltage generating equipment produces current no more than 5mA and is provided with effective separation. When the access door opens, the high voltage current will be cut immediately;
• The intelligent control system can program 24*7 and control the device through remote network;
• Oil collecting trays of various sizes are optional for different models.
FKE-Q series is UL listed.
AQT’s FEK oil fume purifier is used in many prestigious projects in China, such as Hong Kong Zhuhai Macao Bridge, Beijing Capital International Airport, Shanghai Hongqiao Airport and so on. We AirQuality technology is one of the first batch of brands that are regarded as inspection-free by China's environmental protection regulatory authorities and is widely welcomed and trusted in China.