The principal mode by which people are infected with SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-19) is through exposure to respiratory droplets carrying the infectious virus.
Respiratory virus infections are principally transmitted through three modes:
• Contact transmission
• Droplet transmission
• Airborne transmission
Droplet transmission occurs with exposure to larger droplets, smaller droplets, and particles when a person is close to an infected person. Airborne transmission occurs with exposure to smaller droplets and particles at greater distances or over longer times. These transmission modes are not mutually exclusive. For instance, “close contact” refers to transmission that can happen by either contact or droplet transmission while a person is within about 6 feet of an infected person.
So, the following measures are our advice during the COVID-19 pandemic:
• Wear a mask to protect yourself and others and stop the spread of COVID-19.
• Stay at least 6 feet (about 2 arms length) from those who don’t live with you.
• Avoid crowds. The more people you are in contact with, the more likely you are to be exposed to COVID-19.
Yes, we need high-quality air disinfection and purification solutions to protect us from possible airborne transmission. The solution should be:
• Able to capture air particulates and aerosol to eliminate hidden place of viruses
• Able to inactivate viruses and bacteria
• Able to work along with people
• Able to keep maintenance costs low
We recommend our MESP® technology. It is highly efficient at killing viruses and bacteria and can eliminate airborne particles including PM2.5, pollen, allergen, and other particulate pollutants. The filter is permanently washable. It's safe, creates no harmful byproducts, and can be used around people. 99.99% efficacy of SARS-CoV-2 disinfection was observed in the test report by independent research laboratory, Innovative Bioanalysis, Inc. in California, US.
Below is a presentation showcasing our indoor clean air solution with MESP® technology for responding to the COVID-19 pandemic. For a copy, please ask your sales manager at AirQuality Technology, or just submit your info through this link: https://en.airquality.com/inquiry.shtml to get it.